PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This is the general privacy notice for the Creation Science Movement (hereafter referred to as ‘CSM’). It sets out the standards you can expect from us when we handle your personal information. This will usually be in the context of information we ask you to provide when using any of our services, such as contact and payment information, and other legally required information such as that required for us to undertake Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks for our staff and volunteers. It also applies to use of the website as far as is applicable.
We need to handle personal information about you so that we can provide services for you. This notice sets out how we look after that information.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- To make sure you know why we need it
- To ask only for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- To protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- To let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better service – and if you can say no to this sharing (and if you can say no, how to)
- To make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary
- Not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission
- To help you to transfer personal information we hold about you to someone else at your request
- To remove all personal information we hold about you at your request.
In dealing with your personal information, we will also:
- Value the personal information entrusted to us and make sure we respect that trust
- Abide by the law when it comes to handling personal information
- Consider the privacy risks when we are planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as when introducing new systems
- Provide training to staff who handle personal information and respond appropriately if personal information is not used or protected properly
In return, we ask you to:
- Give us accurate information
- Tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up-to-date. Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you have the right to a copy of the information we hold about you. A request for this information is known as a subject access request.
If you wish to know more about how we hold your information then please email us.
For more information about privacy and data protection, please visit the website of the Information Commissioner.